The Healthy Democracy Coalition convenes business owners, investors, philanthropists, and grant-makers together with select allies for cross-partisan philanthropic learning and collaboration.
Our next National Conference convened on October 27 & 28, 2019, in Washington, DC. The program began at 1:00pm on October 27th and concluded after 8:30pm on October 28th, 2019.
Frequently Asked Questions
View the Agenda
View Speaker Biograhpies
Conference Venues: Our conference convened across several different venues, including the Bipartisan Policy Center, the Center for American Progress, the Heritage Foundation, and Stand Together.
Together we asked:
• How can we restore the sacred in our democracy and in our relationships?
• What is the value of cross-partisan connection and learning?
• What are leading examples of cross-partisan philanthropic collaboration on Criminal Justice, Immigration, Education, and Healthcare Reform?
• What is the role of old and new media channels in bridging or exacerbating political divides? What investments can be made to improve the systems and incentives involved?
• What cross-partisan opportunities exist to advance electoral reform, including on redistricting, election and voter integrity?
• Who is helping to bridge political divides? Who is helping to build policy consensus on critical issues and enrolling the relevant political constituencies to ensure legislative successes?
• How can cross-partisan philanthropists connect and collaborate, both locally and nationally?
• How can we set priorities as a national network?
• What issues should we focus on? Which should we avoid?
• How can we evaluate our work, learn from mistakes, and improve our investment strategies over time as a group?
Participants explored these questions and much more.
Note that HDC events are by invitation and application only.
Partial List of Fall Conference Speakers
Abby Skeans, Stand Together
Adam Michel, Heritage Foundation
Alex Flint, Alliance for Market Solutions
Alex Wirth, Quorum
Alice Rhee, American Journalism Project
Amanda Cole, Mental Health Coalition
Amber McReynolds, National Vote At Home Institute
Arthur Rizer, R Street Institute
Bill Hoagland, Bipartisan Policy Center
Bill Smith, Civitas
Brian McClendon, McClendon Ventures
Brian Reich, Murmuration
Bruce Freed, Center for Political Accountability
Cara Dingus Brook, Foundation for Appalachia Ohio
Chris Sopher, Whereby.Us
Clay Spence, Cicero Institute
Dana Ackley, Healthy Democracy Coalition
Daniella Ballou-Aares, Leadership Now Project
Danny Ludeman, Concordance Academy
Daranee Petsod, Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees
David Nevins, Bridge Alliance
David Wills, National Christian Foundation
Esther Dyson, Wellville
Evan Baehr, Teneo
Greg Mauro, Learn Capital
Holland Taylor, LibForAll Foundation
Ian Simmons, Blue Haven Initiative
Irene Braam, Bertelsmann Foundation
Ivan Calabuig-Williams, Asimetric Group
Jason Grumet, Bipartisan Policy Center
Jean Hammond, Learn Launch
Jeff Prudhomme, Interactivity Foundation
Jeffrey Silverman, Civics Unplugged
Jennifer Laszlo Mizrahi, RespectAbility
Jill Soffer, Sierra Club Foundation
Joan Huffer, Voies for Progress
Joe Lindsley, Journalist
John Roman, NORC at University of Chicago
Jon Baron, Arnold Ventures
Jon Baselice, US Chamber of Commerce
Jonah Wittkamper, Healthy Democracy Coalition
Joshua Jones, HMC INQ
Larry Zicklin, Neuberger Berman
Leslie Ramyk, Conant Family Foundation
Lisa Snell, Stand Together
Lisel Loy, Bipartisan Policy Center
Loren Bendele, Gell
Maggie Osborn, United Philanthropy Forum
Manu Meel, BridgeUSA
Mike Deaver, Healthy Democracy Coalition
Naomi Campbell, Right Question Institute
Nick Troiano, Unite America
Rachel Peric, Welcoming America
Rebecca Vallas, Center for American Progress
Rina Schneur, Elect535.org
Rob Richie, FairVote
Robert Mosbacher Jr., Mosbacher Institute
Robyn Scott, Apolitical
Sara Wolk, Equal Vote Coalition
Sarah Field, Stand Together
Shawn Barney, CLB Porter Development
Tony Hall, Alliance to End Hunger
Wayne Leighton, The White House
Wes Panek, New Media Ventures
William Ruger, Stand Together
For any questions, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org